BS 25999 is the British Standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM). It specifies requirements for setting up and managing an effective business continuity management system.
BCM is the management process that identifies potential threats to an organization and the impacts to business operations that those threats, if realized, might cause. This provides a framework for building organizational resilience with the capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, premises, technology, brand and reputation.
By achieving BS 25999-2 certification, you may:
- Improving an organisation’s resilience against disruption
- Maintaining an ability to manage uninsurable risks
- Minimising consequences of unexpected disruptions
- Providing a method of restoring an organisation’s ability to supply its key products and services
- Protecting and enhancing the organisation’s reputation and brand